How do I make my home a 'Smart Home'?
Jo from our Harcourts team met with Andreas from Futures, to find out some helpful tips on how to make your home 'Smart' with the latest technology.
Having home automation systems will help make living easy. You can easily monitor and control many of your home's attributes such as security, entertainment, lighting, and heating systems.
A few of our key takeaways from Futures:
- Smart Homes start on the outside of the home. This can be as simple as a WiFi intercom system that is accessible at the touch of your fingertips.
- Security systems mean you can access it from your phone anywhere. i.e a courier drops off a parcel at home whilst you're at work, you can check to see the time and get notifications on any outdoor activity.
- With the addition of WiFi security, making sure you have good quality WiFi is key.
- Voice systems can help with everyday convenience at home, these come in a wide range of different brands to choose from.
- Your home voice systems can be used to:
- Lock your home from upstairs
- Turn off lights
- Play music
- Control other smart devices in your home
- Adding WiFi to your heat pumps allows your home to get warm or cool without being there. Ideal in winter if you are on your way home from work.
- So where do you start with Smart Home technology? Start as simple as secruity cameras or an Alexia and add to it as you grow your knowledge.