Pop Up Penguin Design Competition
Your chance to create a winning design for your very own penguin sculpture to be included on the Pop Up Penguins trail, and then take it home forever!
Harcourts is thrilled to be the Presenting Partner for the Pop up Penguins in Christchurch. A trail of individually decorated sculptures, designed by artists and children, and sponsored by businesses, to give residents and visitors the opportunity to discover and delight in all that makes Ōtautahi unique. At the conclusion of the trail, some of the penguins will be sold at an auction, run by Harcourts, to raise money for Cholmondeley Children’s Centre.
However, there is one little penguin that hasn’t yet been adopted and Harcourts would like to help. Before this plucky little penguin takes their place on the trail, we need to come up with a great new outfit to be painted on. Could you design an outfit for this penguin? This is a very special opportunity for a child (aged 18 and below) living in Canterbury, to create a winning design for a little penguin sculpture to be included on the Pop Up Penguins trail around Canterbury, then keep it forever!
Get involved today by participating in our Penguin colouring design competition!
When you’re coming up with a design, why not consider some of the themes of Pop Up Penguins:
- Last year the hoiho penguin was voted NZ Bird of the Year, but did you know there are 17 different penguin species living in the Southern Hemisphere?
- Christchurch is one of five Gateways to Antarctica, which means many explorers, scientists and environmentalists come through our city on their way to discover more about this mysterious continent. What do you know about Antarctica?
- Penguins live in colonies; community is really important to them. That’s true in Christchurch too. What does community mean to you?
- Penguins and many other birds, animals and sea life are facing extinction because of climate change. What can we do to slow down climate change?
Our judges are looking forward to seeing designs inspired by these themes.
Pop up Penguin Design Competition Terms and Conditions
- The Harcourts Design Competition is open to all children aged 18 or below, living in Canterbury.
- The competition is open from 1st April to 19th July 2020.
- Only one entry permitted per child.
- Designs will be judged by Harcourts Group Limited, 12 Hazeldean Road, Addington, Christchurch 2024.
- One winner will be selected at the sole discretion of Harcourts Group Limited and announced on their ‘Harcourts Real Estate New Zealand (Harcourts Canterbury) Facebook page on Friday 7th of August 2020.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Following the winner announcement, five runner-up designs will be announced and displayed on the ‘Harcourts Real Estate New Zealand (Harcourts Canterbury) Facebook page.
- Harcourts Group Limited reserves the right to reallocate the prize if the winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours of the announcement.
- Harcourts Group Limited and franchisees and their families, its subsidiaries, agents and affiliates are not eligible to enter the competition.